Wednesday 8 March 2017

Evaluation Q2

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

When it came to choosing a song to base a music video off we felt as a group that we did not only like and know the song well but also relate to it. We created a character that would fit well into the conventions of the genre and created a sad back story of him trying to escape a rough life. Audiences will be able to identify the conventions through the costume in which are artist is wearing, designer clothes, jewellery etc. As well as this locations are very conventional and suite the character well. one example is we include a shot of our character outside his estate which he is trying to leave and change for the better.

My digipak and poster fit well with the music video in general. With the digipak and poster I wanted to show off the scenery as well as photography as the quality of shots and scenery played a big part in the music video. The style is very simplistic and flows well which is conventional to RnB and rap as flow plays a big part to the lyrics so the music video should follow also.

I like the end product I produced as I feel that it shows of the conventions of a RnB video well. I do think there should have been changes such as more varieties of setting as well as doing more shots and having more cameras giving everyone a chance to film. Elements I do like is the party shots as there shot from a variety of different angles.

I also like the end result of the Digipak. I would have liked to play around with it a bit more and asked for advice more often however I feel for someone with very little experience with Photoshop it turned out okay. I like the simplistic nature of it and the fact that its very "cheap" and unpolished due to the fact that the artist is trying to build a live better for themselves.
         


No comments:

Post a Comment